Leala Jeyne Summer Collection Pattern Tour!




 Welcome to my stop on the Summer Collection Blog tour for Laela Jeyne Patterns!


Laela Jeyne Patterns  Just released their SUMMER collection!!! And I got to join in on the pattern tour, which was perfect timing because I had just pulled out the summer wear and realized my oldest has outgrown nearly her entire summer wardrobe... So - yay summer collection pattern tour!



From the summer collection I chose the Rosie Skirt. It has a size range of 12M to size 10yrs. The pattern comes in full, half, and quarter circle widths and is made for either knit or woven fabrics. You can make it with a knit waistband or a zipper waistband. The skirts can be made in knee or maxi length.




I made the skirt in half circle and knee length options in woven fabric from SisBoom's fabric line with a knit waistband! I used the knit waistband cutting length from the chart and added it to the woven skirt - because my kids hate zipper waists and I love using fun woven fabric! It wokrs perfectly and is so comfy for the kids and makes it SOOOO fast to sew a woven circle skirt!


I chose to sew up the Emmy shirt to go with the Rosie Skirt which has loads of options and goes from 6m-14yrs! I decorated it with some of my own free motion applique work. Drew a little narwhal up and stitched it on - it adds about 30mins of time and about 125% to the cuteness ! The star fabric is from True North Fabrics.



Be sure to check out the other stops on the tour as well!

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Love Things - Idle Sunshine - Lovely for Life - Neva Couture


Leave me a comment letting me know your favourite way to add some pizzazz to a plain shirt!



Happy Sewing!

Photobucket

9 comments

Amy Betts said...

I love the narwhal, super cute! All these posts with the girls items are making me wish my girls were still little! Your daughter is adorable, and the skirt/top combination is pure sweetness!

Amy Reinagel said...

Too, too cute! <3

mamidesofiona said...

I really need to try some of the appliqué! You're right about adding the 125% cuteness! Very cute.

Tina Voth said...

I love the fabric choices here! So summer-y. I need to do some fmas again! I also really want to try heat transfer vinyl.

Cassy Gobin said...

Your Narwhal.... The cutest thing! I know I keep calling it a whale...oops. Anyway, thanks for joining in. I'm glad you were able to sew up some things your big girl needed. I also found summer clothes from last year not fitting my girls. It's a great excuse to get sewing.

I'm so not good as spicing my creations up with things like free motion, lace, or embellishments in general. I really need to work on that. I always think your little extras make all the difference.

Eleri Handmade said...

I love your applique! Great job!

Tiffany Hering said...

I love this outfit! That appliqué is adorable!

Nini and Ash said...

Ermagersh, that narwhal!!! I love this outfit so much with the bright colors! Your little girl is so so cute! I really need to get into applique a little more after seeing how awesome this turned out!! <3!

Lizzie Pace said...

Your Narwhal definitely put your daughter's newest summer outfit into a whole new level of cuteness. I now feel like I need to add a narwhal to something... not sure mine will be as cute but a girl can wish.

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin