Dutch Treat Sewing!



Betz White has a super fun new fabric line out! I love the vintage vibe motifs and cheerful colours in this line which was influenced by Pennsylvania Dutch hex signs wich are a symbol of good fortune.

Dutch Treat has 3 colourways to choose from:

I was sent a half yard each of 2 fabrics in the line, in the aqua/pink colourline.


Betz does fabric lines AND patterns! Her patterns are all very clearly written in my expierence and easy to follow (previous Betz pattern sew).

This Time I made her revrsible bucket hats for my girls and loved how easily they went together! My girls were JUST into the size I made, so these hats should get lots of wear yet.


I had so much fun making with this fabric. One yard total between the 2 fabrics was a fun challenge. After the hats were cut out I couldnt help but notice that there was enough fro a front piece of a SisBoom Tobago on each 1/2 yard!


From where I cut the neckline out of each tobago front I saved that little scoop of fabric to make little pockets for the shirts.


The back of the dress and other side of the hat use another Riley Blake fabric. If the hats are reversible why not match the reverse of the dress right ?? 


The doodles look of this line is so totally something I ADORE!, the fabric is great to sew clothing with and great for accessories as well.


Thanks for reading along! Which fabric is your favourite from the line?
Read more about Betz White gorgeous new fabric line with Riley blake!
Photobucket

3 comments

Cassy Gobin said...

Jen, these are such cute makes! One day I will make a hat!! The fabrics are so fun and the color ways definitely make the line go year around for us apparrel sewists.

Tina Voth said...

I LOVE these!! I think my girls need some hats too!

Paisley Roots said...

They are so stinking adorable! Love the hat and outfits and they are the cutest little girls!

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin