Swooning for the Coraline!


Over at the blog Pattern Revolution they are doing a 'sew yourself some love' series. 
I decided to step out of my comfort zone and sew up the Swoon Coraline Clutch and I am SO glad I did! I did the large clutch size.

(I'm wearing a Sisboom Jenny dress - great pattern as well... but I'm not talking that one today)


I REALLY (and I mean it) enjoyed this pattern! I love that there are 2 clutch sizes and a wristlet all in one pattern! I loved the directions with the very clear wordage and computer drawings.


Now to be completely honest the stabilizer in the handles was a pain in the butt for this clothing sewist to work with at first, but the Swoon Facebook group is filled with helpful and understanding ladies!
Do NOT let yourselves be scared by that though - it is totally worth it! I am so glad I went out of my comfort zone and made myself a clutch! (and I have grand wristlet plans!)

The pattern calls for topstitching around the handle hole, but I wanted to try something a bit different, just to give it that extra touch/detailing. I used a navy embroidery floss and needle and hand stitched around the inside of the handle. I think the look fits well with the main fabric!


My daughter thought the purse needed to be filled with very important things haha.





Photobucket

1 comment

Nancy@OwensOlivia said...

Great clutch! I love the fabric used too.

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin