Monday, February 24, 2014

love dresses and colourblocking!


I LOVE  sewing for myself! I get a look I want and it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg and I don't have to order online and hope it fits! I want to encourage EVERYONE to sew something for themselves! 


 I conveniently had JUST (like literally JUST) enough of the grey floral and grey chambray left in my stash and I loved the eyelet on the top to tie in the white of the floral. 



I used the Sisboom Angie pattern and just chopped the top to colour block it and then added a band to the bottom on the skirt. I lined the bodice using the tutorial on the Scientific Seamstress blog  

So there you go - grey is no longer glum






I love the simplicity of the Angie pattern, it is easy to modify and so easy for on and off as there are no zippers or buttons to fuss with, just some elastic in the back.  Plus the pattern has pockets!



2 comments:

Jessica said...

What a cute dress. Great work. :)

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Hi Jen, your dress is very pretty. So often, we see colour blocking only done with solid colours, and I love how you used a print, a solid, and the eyelet. It all came together beautifully. I also love the curve on the bodice. Nicely done!