A sew for you/me post! (and pattern review)

(me - freezing my ___s off  to get a half decent pic. but isn't the dress pretty?) Oh and please never mind the fact that I nearly blend into that white garage door... it's a long cold winter in my part of canada lol.

The pattern: Sisboom's Angie Dress

 Fabric used: I used a very light weight cotton bought at fabricland (because I had a gift certificate thanks to my lovely aunt)

Time: I found this pattern to sew up quite quickly actually. I like fast projects as any of you regular readers have probably noticed :) A few hours and the pattern was only 6 pieces of paper I needed to piece so that was a pleasant surprise!


Pattern: I really cannot rave enough about the quality of this pattern, it is right along with other sisboom patterns - which if you haven't tried, you should! clear, concise, easy to do. 

I Made the xs for myself (I was on the edge of xs and small - but wanted a fitted look so I went xs) There are darts in the front and back (which are MUCH less scary than one would imagine btw.). 

The back is a simple bodice back - with a bit of elastic at the waist, but it still looks fitted and not gathered, for easy on and offs. I loved not fussing with a zipper or buttons. I don't mind doing buttons on kids clothes - but on my own I find them a pain in the buttocks to do up, and I have enough dresses I can't wear without some acrobatics to do up (or I have wake up super early when the husband goes to work to have him do up :P)

The only 'change' I did to the pattern was to put some elastic in that hemline so I could have a cute bubble skirt. It was very cute without the bubble too.. but I just love a bubble skirt. Plus my skirt is less likely to fly away on me now as I chase after kids this summer :) 

Would I make this pattern again: YES!!! I looove it! It's a beautifully written pattern with equally as beautiful results!

So now go off and get this pattern if you want to sew something for yourself :) and tell her hi from me in the notes (not that I was paid for this review - I actually even bought the pattern with my own fun money - I just think it would be fun for her to see people are reading a review on the pattern)
Photobucket

4 comments

Mae said...

Jen it turned out great! Glad to see you got a better picture. Luckily, I can't judge your paleness considering mine rivals it. :)


Mae

Monica Swift said...

I love this dress! The exact type I like to live in all summer, and would all winter if there just wasn't so much snow/wind involved. I'll have to check out this one! I have yet to sew for myself, partly because I'm worried if I start I won't go back to sewing for the kids, ha! Again, fantastic dress!!

HandJ Cobb said...

So cute! I clicked on your link because I've been wanting to make myself a dress like this, I'm going to go check out this pattern! Good work!

Sew Much Ado said...

That is adorable Jen! Looks so great on you!

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin