The nova top


The Nova Top by Popoluk Designs

Fabric used: not very much at all :) I love a cute pattern where I can get away with about a 1/2yd and a FQ ! The main print is joel dewberry and the solid is plain broadcloth

Time: I found the top to be a fast sew - especially for a lined shirt. About 2hours I would say.

Pattern: I found it well written and easy to follow, Step by step photos all throughout. (side note: I LOVE having PDF patterns for a few reasons but a main one is easy directions and more tutorial like directions).
I love the peplum look! and I think this pattern is perfect for a kid without being too grown up. there is a dress option to this pattern as well, I think if I was to do the dress I would shorten it up a bit to be more girly vs. knee length. 
I thought the curved bodice top might be a bit tricky but it was a breeze. Even installing the zipper went easily! 

Sizing: I made a 3T for my girl, the fit is great and it hits about the natural waist where peplum should.

Would I make this pattern again: Yes! Another top I want to make more of! and it goes from a size 1 up to size 8 as well!
I am thinking my next version might have a sheerer fabric as the top piece though and lengthening that peplum a bit and adding a circle skirt...
Photobucket

2 comments

OnceUpona Sew said...

I like your version! I've seen a few and thought the pattern was a little too mature, but your fabric choice makes it more fun and youthful.

Alviana said...

Thanks for giving us a wonderful review! Your Nova is so cute on your adorable daughter. I love your idea of using sheer fabric on the yoke. So looking forward to it! :)

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin