Sunshine Dress: A Pattern Review


The Sunshine Dress (from Shwin Designs for Pattern Anthology)

Fabric used: a half yard of the yellow. and about a yard of purple. The floral and pink I found locally in the discount section - I am sorry I have no idea what my fabrics are brand wise. 

Time: I found the dress to sew up fairly quickly. About 2hours I would say.

Pattern: I found it well written and easy to follow, Step by step photos all throughout. (side note: I LOVE having PDF patterns for a few reasons but a main one is easy directions and more tutorial like directions)
I LOVE the curve to the bodice and how gathered the skirt is! 
In the purple version I added about 3 inches to the length and skipped the bottom drawstring I also only did the front pleat on one side for a different look.. In the floral version I followed the directions exactly. I love both equally. 
My daughters favourite part of the pattern - the pockets!!! 

Sizing:  I wish it was down to a 1T size so my girls could have matching dresses for this summer - but i guess that will have to wait until next summer as it only begins at a 2T. I made my girl the 3T which is what she wears in store clothes and I think the fit is absolutely perfect!

Would I make this pattern again: YES! without a doubt! It might be my favourite summer dress pattern for this year. 

Oh I can hardly wait until spring shows up and we can take outside pics. I hate seeing 4ish feet of snow on my front yard on the first day of spring! 


I did pattern testing for this dress, no $$ compensation for this post - nor was I asked to post. Just honest opinions from an at home mom who loves sewing (especially girly things!).

Linking to the train to crazy party http://www.thetraintocrazy.com/2013/03/make-it-wear-it-thursday-1.html
 
Photobucket

4 comments

Nancy@OwensOlivia said...

How cute Jen! I love the yellow and purple together!

Rachel said...

This dress is so sweet! It's one of my favorites out of the group. I've managed to resist buying the whole bundle so far- we'll see.

And I hear ya we are buried in snow here too!

Andrea Pannell said...

I love those! Great variations! Thanks for linking up!

Lindsey said...

So cute, love the curved bodice! :)

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin