The Juliette dress, a pattern review

I was once again blessed to be able to pattern test for LilyGiggle!
The Juliette Dress
Fabric used: I used a fantastic riley blake chevron (medium), about a yard... Honestly it's pretty close to that. I made my girl a size 3T and the contrasting green was just a fat quarter from the fabric store.

Time: This dress sewed up soooo fast! I LOVE quick patterns, especially now with a baby. Cutting and sewing took an hour and a half (ish) 

Pattern: I found it well written and easy to follow, Step by step photos all throughout. (side note: I LOVE having PDF patterns for a few reasons but a main one is easy directions and more tutorial like directions) The pattern also includes a few options including shirt or dress options and two duifferent ways to finish the sleeve cuffs. I did the dress which has a fantastic high-low hemline. Included in this pattern are actually 2 patterns - same dress but one pattern to make it out of wovens and another pattern to make it out of knits

Would I make this pattern again: YES! without a doubt I LOVE how easy this is and that it has both a pattern for knits and wovens plus the shirt or dress option. awesome! and the size range as with all lilygiggle patterns is fantastic (2-12yrs)! 

(I was not paid for this review, though I did get the pattern free to pattern test... but the opinions are real and my own!) 
This is the shirt version (and my daughter's "cheese" face).

Have you made this pattern yet?
In other news, I am making myself a dress! I have it cut out - The anouk by victory patterns! I am sooo scared to start sewing though. It's the pintucks that scare me - and I know that sounds silly. I shirr, do buttons and zippers and yet some silly pintucks scare me... but they do.
Photobucket

2 comments

megan said...

I LOVE the colorful chevron!! and the green goes so perfect with it!! Great job! I came over from Naptime Crafters link party:) Thanks for sharing!!

Mae said...

I really like that fabric and have been swooning over it for a few weeks... i keep putting it in my shopping cart online, staring, then walking away because I have so much fabric already! BUUUUUT i want it. bad.

jealous.

Mae

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin