my one sewing goal for 2013

I am going to keep things simple this year with sewing goals.

1. sew something for me that I am proud to wear out of the house!

I want to make a dress for myself with this Sarah Jane fabric being the main print. 

I want it to be a bit of a timeless style but girly (obviously if you know me lol) and fun. 
If 
you have pattern suggestions for me - please leave them! I have been looking at the monique dress from sew serpendipity and doing the colour blocked bodice version - with dark pink... but I'm not sure how that style will look on my body type. (5'5" and fairly thin/not many curves)

I love mermaids. Always have. 


Photobucket

4 comments

Samantha said...

That's a great resolution! I don't have any suggestions I'm afraid, I'm really not a clothing seamstress (clothes scare me!) but I'll check back to see what the other readers come up with and can't wait to see your finished dress! x

Rebecca @ Herons Crafts said...

The fabric is so cute! What a fabulous resolution! Good luck!

Nancy@OwensOlivia said...

That's a great resolution!

Sew Much Ado said...

Ooh, you should make the Macaron dress by Collette patterns http://www.colettepatterns.com/shop/macaron)! It's on my list to make, but not exactly nursing-friendly so I've been holding off. It would be cute with that print though! Great resolution :).

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin