use scraps for gifts !


I decided who doesn't like a festive tea towel? perfect for anyone you know who has a kitchen :)

 These scraps are from a jelly roll I had used to make a Christmas table runner - the strips were just that bit too long so I had all these pretty scraps that really did need a festive use. Sewed the scraps together and then iron the 4 sides over, pinned into the towel, and sew! done!




so there you go fun, easy, and fairly inexpensive gifts.

ps. notice the lack of wordage lately (and posts for that matter...) I've come to realize it's very hard to keep up with regular blogging with a toddler and a newborn.. that both want to be held or in case of the toddler climbing on me all day long. by the time they are both asleep - I feel the need to be as well, or trying to quickly sew something. lol.
Basically I'm trying to say this blog might be a bit slow for the next while, or more just showing what I've made in hopes of inspiring you all to just sew something, even if it's a simple project. With any luck the newborn will soon start going to sleep for the night before 11 and I'll be able to slowly do a bit more on here  Thanks for reading and sticking with me - even on the boring days !  :)



I also made these fun aprons! Saw a pic on pinterest (of course with a link to no where) so I made up my own pattern and made 3! I am giving 2 as gifts and have 1 extra I have no idea what I'lll do with it... so if you want to buy it email me. fits my 2yr old who wears mostly 3T a bit big but workable. so I'd say sizes 2-5ish




Photobucket

6 comments

Cal said...

such cute aprons!

Rachel said...

Love the tea towels! Good for you for finding time even to sew with a toddler and newborn-those are hard days.

Thanks for posting the great idea!

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

Pretty!

Caryl W said...

What a great idea for the tea towels and your aprons are so cute! You just enjoy your little ones....they grow up so fast!

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Great tea towel ideas and those aprons are seriously stinking cute! I might try to make some up for neice and nephew this Christmas.

Reduce, Reuse, Renewed said...

What a great way to personalize a gift (the tea towel). Fun! And the Gingerbread Man Aprons are adorable! Too bad my little girl is two sizes too big.

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin