Sew Much Ado's Polly dress - pattern review


I got to pattern test this adorable dress/blouse pattern from http://www.sew-much-ado.com/. (YAY!!! I LOVE being able to do pattern tests!) 
It is now my go to peasant style dress/blouse pattern! It is soooooooooo easy! and I love that I can do scallops or not, dress or blouse - so many ways to give this pattern a bit of style and variety while keeping things simple and a fast sew!

The blouse with straight hemline
(isn't her 'smelling' face just so cute and funny!)

Dress with scallops

Fabric used: I made a size 2T. All the fabric you see are vintage prints I picked up at a local shop (all under $3.95/m as well!) the pattern itself uses surprisingly little fabric - the scalloped dress used the most and I had 1meter of that tulip fabric and still have enough leftover that I'm thinking I might try and squeeze a newborn matching dress out of it for the babes on the way!

Time: It took about an hour to cut and sew.  I measure all time in "ishness" since I often take breaks for snacks (pregnancy makes me so hungry! it's amazing I'm within target weight gain) and getting the babes back into bed (I sew after bedtime), etc.

Pattern: I found it well written and easy to follow, Step by step photos all throughout. (side note: I LOVE having PDF patterns for a few reasons but a main one is easy directions and more tutorial like directions) The pattern also includes a few options for length and straight or scalloped hemlines. I also want to mention that the pattern pieces are broken up so you don't have to print all the pages and she neatly states which pages to print for which size you want

Would I make this pattern again: YES! without a doubt I LOVE how easy this is and how easy it makes making scalloped hems! (I was previously scared of trying scalloped hemlines despite loving them)

Also the pattern is in a WIDE range of sizes, 0-3month all the up to size 6! So with that kind of range and soon to be 2 girls I plan on using this pattern many many times over. 

I actually used this pattern to make my daughter's birthday shirt since the pattern test. Very easy to appliqué and the pics turned out great - showed off the appliqué and the scallops were just adorable for a birthday shirt and pics!

To buy the PDF pattern click HERE!




ps. I was not paid or even asked to do this post - I just really loved this pattern and wanted to share it with you all who do girl sewing.

Photobucket

3 comments

Sew Much Ado said...

Aw thanks Jen! You are so sweet, and so is your daughter! I hope she liked her birthday blouse! Thanks for the kind words :).

Rebecca said...

Buying this pattern now, it's sooo cute. And I'm dieing to try the scallops.

Neverland Nook said...

I love the scallops! Great job!

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin