a second birthday party!

I really didn't get as many pictures as I could have of the decorating and the set up... I really should have. but here are a few ideas for you. We did a balloon theme - and had many out for the babes to play with and carry around. Those sticks to put balloons on are a wonderful thing for toddler parties!

The birthday shirt! (more about the pattern to come in a future post!)


Birthday plate! I took a dollar store bowl.plate and got out the porcelain pens!


Cupcakes and icing are dairy and egg free - and didn't taste it! SOOO yummy! and the toppers were made on my silhouette and there is a sucker glued in between the papers.


The birthday girl! (trying to get candy off the candy necklace)


Little birthday banner - sorry for the horrible lighting in this pic.


I found a hello kitty birthday set - and had to get it for my girl who loves kitty! made a cute owl package to wrap it in - I'm not a fan of awkward packages and wrapping paper.


And that was my girls 2nd birthday! Her love of balloons, monkeys, and suckers inspired the theme and decor. It was a great day with family, filled my parents kiddie pool up, had a bouncy castle set up for her (yay superstore sale!) and a BBQ for supper. Easy for this preggo to deal with but a blast for a toddler !

Photobucket

3 comments

Nancy@OwensOlivia said...

Owen loves monkeys too. Love the top and beautiful scallop!

Misty Marie said...

Love this! We love monkeys too!
New follower!
Misty @ http://monkeysandtutus.blogspot.com

Kelly Smith said...

Oh my goodness! There's the monkey! How adorable! I need to get back into applique too for my little girl... I have a feeling my quilting time is going to start to dwindle now that I am sewing for my girl (and hopefully me too). Glad to see you on FB! And I added your blog to my feed now, so hopefully I will catch more awesome creations of yours!

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin