mmmm lemon loaf at Easter time is my idea of a perfect spring treat!



I made this recipe http://www.mennonitegirlscancook.ca/2012/03/lemon-layered-loaf.htm and it was delish!!!

I made a few changes for those of you that have been following awhile already you know I am allergic to dairy and sensitive to eggs. So I used 1/2c apple sauce instead of egg, almond milk instead or cow milk, and earth balance "butter". I also added a little lemon juice to the dough since I really love lemon in the spring!

In the spread on mix I did the zest of 1 lemon (vs. 3) and instead used the juice of the lemon.

For the glaze I of course cannot have cream cheese frosting and so I did a mix of lemon juice and icing sugar and poured that on while till warm out of the oven.

I LOVE how it turned out - I think it tastes every bit as good as it would of with dairy and egg! ... well the cream cheese probably does add extra amazing flavour - but mine is really GREAT! (and the babes loves it as well)

and just so you can salivate through your computer screen - a close up of the lemon-y goodness!



I pinned this recipe and am entering into the pinterest challenge.

3 comments

sandee said...

wtg on adjusting the recipe, I'm never any good at doing that! lol It looks delisious! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Our Heirloom Life said...

Yum. Looks delicious.

Jenny Melrose said...

Your alterations in the recipe makes it sound tastier. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin