Dairy and egg free jam jams





I don't know about you - but I searched high and low for a dairy and egg free jam jam recipe. 
I finally had to modify a recipe I had (from an oooooold Mennonite cookbook - thanks to great grandma for leaving it to me)

Here is the recipe for you:

  • preheat oven to 350F
  • cook time about 7 minutes till lightly browned on bottom

1c. shortening
1c. brown sugar

blend the sugar and shortening. then add in

1/2c. applesauce
6Tbsp. syrup
6-8 tsp. Almond milk

in a seperate bowl mix the dry ingredients and then slowly add to the wet

2tsp. baking soda
1/4tsp salt
1tsp. baking powder
3-4c flour (dough should be a bit sticky)

Shape dough into balls and flatten till about 1/4-1/2" thick place on lighlty sprayed cookie sheet. 
When the cookies are cooled put a tablespoon of jam on one and place another on top.


Photobucket

1 comment

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

I'm always on the lookout for dairy free, you probably knew that! Thanks for linking this up at my party! I'm gonna try it! :)

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin