some days...

I know I haven't posted anything in awhile now.

It's been one of "those" weeks around here. Not too busy but the babes had her 18month needles and wasn't feeling well. I had a mountain of things to do (and not all of them got done...)
What I dislike the most about this type of day is that I feel stressed about doing things and so easily lose patience with my girl. I just hate when my days are so busy with the list of things to do that I forget or don't take time to enjoy the little one in my life (who is the most important part of my day). I feel terrible about it when I get the evening and reflect on my day and think "well wasn't I a shit parent today!"  The good news is that the next day is likely going to be a better day.
I like to think we all have those days and it's not just me. I really hope it's not just me.

So here's to having a better day and being a better mom today than I was yesterday!

2 comments

Nancy@OwensOlivia said...

You are not alone. I believe many moms feel that they could have loved their children more or spent more time with them or could have yelled at them less. Life does get busy, but as long as your daughter knows you love her, that is all she needs. You are setting an example to her by taking care of the things that need to get done. You are teaching her that life is not all about play, but work is necessary and important in our lives. You are teaching her to be independent and teaching her how to play by herself, which I think is important for children. Stress is vital in life because we wouldn't understand peace and calm without it.

Every parent is different. I get upset with Owen, and I do send him to timeouts, but I really try to not let my stress be taken out on him. He is very observant, and I don't want him to be a basket case like me when he is older.

Just remember those good days. I know you have had them. Today will pass, and you are right, tomorrow you can be a better parent!

Nancy@OwensOlivia said...

You are not alone. I believe many moms feel that they could have loved their children more or spent more time with them or could have yelled at them less. Life does get busy, but as long as your daughter knows you love her, that is all she needs. You are setting an example to her by taking care of the things that need to get done. You are teaching her that life is not all about play, but work is necessary and important in our lives. You are teaching her to be independent and teaching her how to play by herself, which I think is important for children. Stress is vital in life because we wouldn't understand peace and calm without it.

Every parent is different. I get upset with Owen, and I do send him to timeouts, but I really try to not let my stress be taken out on him. He is very observant, and I don't want him to be a basket case like me when he is older.

Just remember those good days. I know you have had them. Today will pass, and you are right, tomorrow you can be a better parent!

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin