Patchwork Ruffled neck peasant dress.

So, what is a girl to do when home alone for a whole evening! and the babes has gone to sleep? SEW!

 I almost went to bed early but decided to get the cobwebs off my machine instead and I'm so happy I did!


I made this ruffled neck peasant dress out of several fat quarters from the Fandora for Kate Spain line. It fits a touch big right now, but should be perfect by summer! 


And yes, I did bribe my girl to sit still with a peanut butter cookie. (Don't worry it is sweetened with honey not sugar so it's a bit healthier... haha.). I LOVE it on her! I usually don't mix so many fabrics together but I think the colors work together perfectly, and am pleased I chose to put the blue nearest her face.

9 comments

AmieAnn said...

Oh my gosh! This is sooo stinkin adorable.. so sorry I never learned to sew when my little girl was littler! Love the colors and the pattern is A-dorable!
Oh and I am your newest linky follower!

debbie m said...

Cute...the dress and your little one. It's nice to see a little girl pattern that the neckline is not too low. Many I have seen need a shirt or some kind under them. A cookie every now and then is a good thing. Blessings

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Really cute, great job!

Carrie said...

Beautiful!! I am passing on the Versatile Blogger Award to you. You can check it out at http://craftymomsshare.blogspot.com/2012/02/versatile-blogger-award-again.html. Hope you are having a great day!

Nancy@OwensOlivia said...

great job jen!!

Marfa said...

So cute...now you won the Moona fabric giveaway I'm sure you'll make more cute things like this dress!!! ♥

Kelly Smith said...

Love it! Great job on this!

Cari and Cortnee @ Two Sasters said...

WOW!! Love it!! Adorable!

Seamingly Smitten said...

This is SUCH a great dress and I love your fabric combinations!
Jenny
Seamingly Smitten

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin