Hot Water Bottle Cozy

I LOVE my hot water bottle. It's like a hug on a cold day... a very warm hug... mmmm.



Anyways I pinned this pattern from Martha Stewart crafts AGES ago - and then that pin got lost so I re-found and re-pinned it. and Decided this was the week to make it!

(my embroidery skills are limited)

I of course didn't want just a plain cozy though so I drew up a cute little piccie and embroidered it on!
I also took the time to upload the pattern for you all! PATTERN

I embroidered onto muslin and so I could just put the muslin on top of my pattern and trace it - very easy.

I then basted the muslin to fleece so the cozy would have a good thickness to it and I wouldn't get that burning heat feeling and sewed it together according to the tutorial. (I also used bias tape on the flap part which isn't mentioned in the tutorial)

5 comments

Rebecca @ Better Life Bags said...

such a cute embroidery piece! it's so simple and darling!

and thanks for linking up to the www.pinterestchallenge.com!

Rebecca
www.betterlifebags.com

Jann Olson said...

Very cute and would work up fast. I love to embroider. It would make a fun gift. Thanks for sharing!

Jenny@daysofchalkandchocolate said...

This is so cute! I love it!

Katherines Corner said...

Love it! The embroidery is sweet too. I enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog. I hope you will stop by Katherines Corner and say hello. Hugs P.S> Don't forget to enter the Pink poodle Giveaway too.

Donna said...

Oh how cute! Thanks for the pattern!!! Its adorable!

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin