Top 3 of 2011

The top 3 posts/tutorials on my blog this year are ...

#1. The modest mermaid doll with free pattern and tutorial



#2. Owl pillow with free pattern and tutorial



#3. Summer love not flamingo with free pattern and tutorial




and to answer a few questions sew mama sew posted:


    1.Looking back at the 2011 sewing scene, what trends stand out in your mind? I think what stands out to me is the chevron, mustaches, and owls.
    2,What were some of your favorite things related to sewing this past year? Love the Silhouette! I am still scared to do an applique though.
    3.What did you make that you’re most proud of? I'm most proud of the modest mermaid doll that I made (see above)
    4.What sewn projects have you seen this year that you absolutely love? I love the little girl dresses at craftiness is not optional,
    5.Do you have a favorite sewing book or pattern from the past year to recommend? I've become a huge fan of LilyGiggle patterns this past year. and I love my book, Little girls, Big style.
    6.Are there any trends you’re over and done with? chevron. I'm over it... well I never really did it but thought it was fun at first.
    7.What are your thoughts about social media? How is it going for you? What do you love or hate? I'm so so on it. I enjoy facebook personally, and I love blogging. This stumble upon thing confuses me greatly though and twitter neither here nor there.
    8.Did you have a favorite fabric collection or print in 2011? Love the Valorie wells stuff - such fun colors.
    9.What do you predict for 2012 in the sewing industry? I have no idea really. but I hope to see some more women patterns that are easy and stylish. I also hope to see some more fun with color.
    10.Can you tell us what to expect from you in 2012? Any big projects or life-changing goals? I hope to get out one free pattern a month in 2012. and maybe start a trend? haha. I really do want to try new things with sewing and get over the applique fears I have. I've only been sewing for a year so I have lots of things left to try! I want to do some sewing for myself this year as well. 

No comments

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin