#1. The modest mermaid doll with free pattern and tutorial
#2. Owl pillow with free pattern and tutorial
#3. Summer love not flamingo with free pattern and tutorial
and to answer a few questions sew mama sew posted:
- 1.Looking back at the 2011 sewing scene, what trends stand out in your mind? I think what stands out to me is the chevron, mustaches, and owls.
2,What were some of your favorite things related to sewing this past year? Love the Silhouette! I am still scared to do an applique though.
3.What did you make that you’re most proud of? I'm most proud of the modest mermaid doll that I made (see above)
- 4.What sewn projects have you seen this year that you absolutely love? I love the little girl dresses at craftiness is not optional,
- 5.Do you have a favorite sewing book or pattern from the past year to recommend? I've become a huge fan of LilyGiggle patterns this past year. and I love my book, Little girls, Big style.
- 6.Are there any trends you’re over and done with? chevron. I'm over it... well I never really did it but thought it was fun at first.
- 7.What are your thoughts about social media? How is it going for you? What do you love or hate? I'm so so on it. I enjoy facebook personally, and I love blogging. This stumble upon thing confuses me greatly though and twitter neither here nor there.
- 8.Did you have a favorite fabric collection or print in 2011? Love the Valorie wells stuff - such fun colors.
- 9.What do you predict for 2012 in the sewing industry? I have no idea really. but I hope to see some more women patterns that are easy and stylish. I also hope to see some more fun with color.
10.Can you tell us what to expect from you in 2012? Any big projects or life-changing goals? I hope to get out one free pattern a month in 2012. and maybe start a trend? haha. I really do want to try new things with sewing and get over the applique fears I have. I've only been sewing for a year so I have lots of things left to try! I want to do some sewing for myself this year as well.