Making egg and dairy free Snickerdoodles

With the holidays approaching I seem to get asked to bring Christmas baking with me to some events. Which is fine but since going all egg and dairy free baking has lost a lot of its luster, and holiday baking is always loaded with butter and eggs and yummy things like that.

I found a recipe for Snickerdoodles on allrecipes (gotta love that site) but made a few changes to it - one being replacing the eggs and the second replacing the cream of tarter (I never buy the stuff).

So to make the recipe without the eggs and without the cream of tarter you simply replace the eggs with:

  • 4Tbsp. water
  • 2Tbsp. of oil
  • 1tsp. baking powder 
Beat till smooth and add in when you would add the eggs.

For the cream of tarter I did 1 tsp. baking powder and 1tsp. lemon juice. 

Baking and everything is the same as per the original recipe and the cookies turned out GREAT!





2 comments

Nancy@OwensOlivia said...

Okay Jen, this sounds interesting. No eggs in my cookie?? I love snickerdoodles. I think I might just have to whip up a batch tomorrow. Why did you get rid of the eggs and cream of tartar?

Nancy@OwensOlivia said...

Found these on Pinterest (never thought of making them muffins!) and I think you should attempt an egg free version, if you like muffins. :)

http://www.eatmedelicious.com/2007/12/snickerdoodle-muffins.html

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin