Christmas Jammies and Bears!


I don't know about you but November makes me want to start getting ready for Christmas! The weather is getting colder, all the leaves are off the trees, and this full on fall makes me want the holidays!

I made these Christmas nighties (for the babes and her cousin) from my own pattern. I had bought a pattern I was going to use but the size 1 turned out for like a size 3T. huge! I even read the measures on the back first.


 I did a gathered front skirt to the nightie, a high neck with a button close. I like a not to gaping neck hole on winter jammies. I did french seams throughout this dress.


A close up of the back, cause I like how tidy it turned out.



I embroidered the girls first name initials onto the jammies so we would know which nightie belongs to which girl (even though they are the same size). OK. maybe I just like adding a bit of a personalized touch.

I had some extra fabric and so I decided to also make little Christmas bears for each girl to go with the jammies! I used the pattern found here that is free if you sign up for the newsletter. 


Each bear also has an initial embroidered to it on it's little tushie.



I know Christmas presents are supposed to be a surprise - but I wanted to be sure they fit... and then I wanted to see how cute they were with the matching bear. (the babes is only just about 16months so she won't remember by Christmas - right?)


She loves hugging her toys and giving kisses! too sweet! (but I'm biased)


and so my Christmas crafting has begun! How is your Christmas crafting going?

19 comments

Kristy said...

Very sweet! :) Love the fabric you chose too, and just imagine how cute those pics are going to be with them all matchy and surrounded in gift wrap! :)

Jenny@daysofchalkandchocolate said...

These are too cute! I love the little matching bears! Thanks for linking up to Latest and Greatest Friday!

WhyCuzICan said...

HOW CUTE! Man, I want new jammies! (pout) Guess I'll have to learn to sew me some! (I sew quilts, not clothes, but I'm just a chicken)

Thanks SO-SEW much for sharing :)
Visiting from Days of Chalk And Chocolate Linky Party today

Smiles, From Suzanne at WhyCuzICan
(Tweet Dreams pillow entry)

Simple Simon & Co said...

Darling...I LOVE the fabric you used!

nest full of eggs said...

they look cozy

Shiloh said...

Super cute and cozy! I LOVE that they have matching bears. so sweet!

Cindy said...

Darling! The matching softie just adds the cuteness!

Cari said...

I love the idea of the matching bear. Thanks for the link to the bear pattern. I went today and got the materials. Can't wait to get started.

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

How cute is that?! I love the matching bear and jammies. Adorable. Visiting from TT&J and wanted to invite you to link up at my fashion linky party! It's called DIY diva thursdays and we link up every Th-M :)

Kara
www.mineforthemaking.com

Laura@Corner House said...

SO sweet! Every year I think I am going to make something like this for my daughter for Christmas, but i never get to it. Good work.

Julianne said...

Great job these look amazing! I really like how it has a button on the back to keep it closed thats a great idea...for those of us that don't know how to sew zippers ;) Love it!
I'm your newest follower and i'd love if you'd follow me back!

Julianne
www.sewfantastic.blogspot.com

Pam said...

What a fabulous idea to do the bear and pyjamas in the same lovely fabric.

Anonymous said...

can you do a tutorial on this? love them do you know of a pattern that comes closest to the pajamas? where di dyou get the fabric and is it flannel? thanks!

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday! Will be featuring these cuties tomorrow!

Melanie
Sew Rugged @ bear rabbit bear
bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

Jen@thecraftingfiend said...

Hi anonymous! I could do a tutorial and might even have time to upload the pattern (18month size). Keep your eyes open for it and thanks for leaving a comment. (next time if you include your email I can reply to you directly if you prefer).
the pattern that comes closest is the butterick pattern I mentioned. The flannel I got locally, and I'd love to give you the name of it but there is no name written on the ends.

Danielle said...

Oh my cuteness is all I can say! I LOVE these! Great job! Good luck in the contest and thanks so much for linking up!

Mrs. Mordecai said...

Those are too cute, and they look so warm. What lucky girls you have!

Tara said...

Very sweet! I love the little matching bears!

Danielle said...

Hey Jen I need your e-mail! You are the winner of the pajama-rama contest! Shoot me an e-mail so we can get your goodies sent to you:>

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin