Bread Pudding with Homemade Pistachio Pudding

Please please please VOTE for me in the pinterest challenge  and for my hedgehog pocket dress - thanks!

My dear husband introduced bread pudding to me using traditional custard pudding. I am not sure if this is the 'proper' way to make bread pudding but it is the easy way!



I had made homemade pistachio pudding this week (Funny story relating to that: We went grocery shopping as a family, now during grocery shopping we kind of split up at parts to speed things up since our babes doesn't really like to sit still, and we don't always pay the best attention to things being rung through the till. When we were at home unpacking there was a bag of pistachios - my husband and I both look at each other and say "I didn't know you liked pistachios!?" turns out the babes tossed them into the cart)

Now the best I could figure the only thing toddler friendly to do with pistachios was make pudding but since the babes doesn't eat tons at a time it wasn't moving to quickly so I thought I'd try turning it into bread pudding! Thanks to pinterest it was easy to find a recipe!

to make easy bread pudding all you need

  1.  Bread 
  2. A toaster
  3. Some butter or margerine 
  4. An oven friendly pot
  5. and a knife
I was kind of stretching the ingredients list...

1st. Toast your bread and lather on the butter/ margerine on both sides of the bread



2nd. Cut said toast into little squares (If you are doing this for adults you can skip square cutting and just layer the toast in a container like illustrated)




3rd. Pour pudding over toast into the pot - give it a little mix so it gets all the pieces.




Now put it into the oven at 350degrees Fahrenheit and let it cook for 20-30 mins Till it looks perfectly delicious! (ps. I have no idea how this tastes since I can't eat dairy - but the reviews here were quite positive)




9 comments

Deborah March said...

Bread pudding has always been a favourite of mine, especially during fall (I use milk and eggs to pour over, rather than pudding), and would never have thought of adding pistachios...which I LOVE...will definitely try this one! Thanks!

Deborah (visiting happily from http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com...hope you have time to stop by and say hi...)

Jenni said...

YUM! And fyi, I have that exat same bowl. It is hand me down but oh so functional!!
Thanks for linking this up too!!
HUGS!
Jenni

Lady Behind The Curtain said...

I LOVE your recipe! Would you come over to CAST PARTY WEDNESDAY and share this recipe with us?
Thanks,
I hope to see you there!
http://ladybehindthecurtian.com

Marilyn said...

Yummy...Love this recipe..I must try...:)) Officially following ya..Great blog :)) Would LOVE for you to share this at my Pin'Inspirational Thursday linky party if you dont mind pweeease :))-- TY,, http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/10/pininspirational-thursdays-linky-party_26.html
Ps: hope u can join in Project Pink This weekend - blogs going pink for cure..(breast cancer awareness/hope for cure, over 50+ blogspots are in, hope u can join in, more info on my blog..TY)

Ashlee @ I'm Topsy Turvy said...

Thanks for linking up to the Great Pinterest Recipe challenge on I'm Topsy Turvy! Could you add a link to the pin you used for your inspiration? And don't forget to send people to the blog to vote this week for your recipe!

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Yummy! Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday.

Melanie
bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

Tonia @ TheGunnySack.com said...

I've never made my own bread pudding but I do love it! You make it look really easy though. Thanks for sharing!

Jami said...

Pistachio bread pudding sounds like a winner to me! So happy to have you a part of the Tuesday To Do Party!
Smiles!
Jami
www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

Lindsay said...

This looks awesome! I really like this recipe! So glad you shared it with us! And thanks for linking up at Show & Share! Happy to have you!

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin