Sewing for the holidays...

I'm starting to work on a few projects, potholders/surface protectors, following this tutorial. 


Mug rug! I think this is adorable, but my husband doesn't know who would appreciate such a gift... I had to explain it to him. Who would you give one of these to? I sort of followed this tutorial


and we have a family wedding coming up in 2 weeks and I made the ring bearer pillow - I LOVE how it turned out. I didn't follow a tutorial of any sort, but think it turned out cute!


Are you guys thinking about Christmas yet? Any great ideas for me to sew as gifts? Money is tight this year with the stay at home mom budget so thoughts would be appreciated :)
(only 112 days left till Christmas!)

PS. Making a hair bit of fun for myself this week! I think I'll make a tutorial - so keep your eyes pealed (it may include a little giftie you can enter to win as well.)

10 comments

Pam said...

Oh, I love the ring bearer pillow. The bow effect is subtle, but just make it perfect.

Joni Nickrent said...

Oh, so cute...love the mug rugs! :) Popping by from the Southern Institute Link up! POP ART MINIS

Jennifer Dawn said...

Great projects. Stopping by from The Blackberry Vine. Thanks for sharing. If you are still looking for some ideas of things to sew, check out my tutorial list. I have some things on there that I made last year for Christmas.

http://thelifeofjenniferdawn.blogspot.com/p/tutorials_03.html

Stephanie said...

I wish I had that many projects to show in one post! Great job...looks like you have been busy! I think they will all make great gifts. Cute pillow, too!

Terry said...

That pillow is super cute!!

Monika Wright said...

Your projects are so adorable and I always think that homemade gifts are best...so you're definitely on the right track!

Tonia @ TheGunnySack.com said...

Cute! I always wondered what you put in the center of the pot holder to keep it from burning anything!

Coqueta Bonita Creation said...

Good ideas! <3 the mug rug!

Shiloh said...

I haven't started crafting for Christmas, but we have bought several gifts on sale. I think the mug rug is an awesome idea.:) I'm a new follower from Thursday Mingle.:)

Jami said...

How cute is that mug rug?!?!
Smiles!
Jami
www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin