The Sailboat Pillow! (project for a boy)

So those of you who read this blog regularly know that I have a girl, and that means very few boy projects! A month or so ago a friend of mine who's son is 2weeks younger than the babes asked me to make her son a sailboat pillow for his birthday and this is the result!


A close up (yes, the cloud does have a little stuffing in it for poofyness!):

I LOVE it! I drew the pattern and cut it out of felt and then hand stitched it on. and made the pillow in the same way as the owl pillow, and color matching pillow. I even added the little whale on the back with a little heart for the adorable birthday boy!


7 comments

Rachel said...

That is so cute! I love the little whale and heart on the back . . . what a lucky little guy :-)

Danielle said...

What a beautiful pillow. Perfect for a little boy. Thanks so much for linking up!

Lindsay said...

This is really sweet! I would love to have something like this for my little guy!

I would love to have you share this at my first link party--

http://southernlovely.blogspot.com/2011/08/show-share-1.html

Good Girl Gone Green said...

I wish I was creative enough and talented enough to make a pillow! :)

Seaweed and Raine said...

I love the nautical look. I have been dreaming up ideas for my son's room for a few months now, I think I might have to add this one to my list of ideas. Thanks! :)

It's A Mom Thing said...

This is so cute! I actually started my son's room in a nautical theme but have been trying to find some other ideas for DIY type of things!

Tanya Anurag said...

The pillows are so cute. Would be perfect gift for kids. Like the ship.

Thanks for linking up at Tea Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner and adding to the fun. The party for this week is going on... hope to see you there again :)

http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/tea-time-thursdays-4.html

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin