excited for future patterns!

I have a few patterns in my head that I want to create for the babes (although she has so many clothes). I may just end up making myself a few things instead! I did sign up to do a pattern test! I can hardly wait for it - it will be so cute in the fall with tights and long sleeves (I even picked up corduroy for this dress yesterday in a pretty light blue!)

In the mean time... I made these adorable little owls. They are a great scrap busting project! (saw a picture on pinterest and thought I can make that easily enough - 2 triangles sewn together, flip the pointy part down ans stitch to one side, then sew on the eyes/beak, and sew a running stitch to gather up the bottom, stuff, sew closed, and put a little felt over that gathered closing)



 I plan to sell them at  the craft sale - only a few more days... I'm so nervous and praying like crazy that I sell out! (ironically enough I want to use the craft sale $$ to buy Christmas presents... Although I may be doing more homemade stuffs this year - since we are on a much tighter budget this year with my staying home with the babes). I'm also wanting to set out some little cards or something with my email to hand out if people want for taking on a few custom orders. If anyone has suggestions for setting up for a craft sale and making this pretty - or any other suggestions please let me know! (this is my 1st one - hence my being nervous and writing about it so much). How do you attach price tags to things like the owls?

I have realized when it comes to making price tags for my crafting... (and for my card making, etc crafting) That I really want/need some sort of cutting machine! I put it on my Christmas list, but maybe if I manage to sell out at the craft sale I'll pick one up! (cricut? or silhouette?)

ps. if you haven't yet please please vote for me! (link here)

13 comments

Ty and Whitty said...

I LOVE the owls so fun. I just wanted to come by and let you know that I featured your adorable sail boat pillow from my party show and share. Come and check it out and grab a featured button. Also come back and link up some projects this week.

http://tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com/2011/08/show-and-share-linky-party-2-co-host.html

A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

Rebecca said...

Check out vistaprint.com for free/inexpensive business cards. Those owls are adorable.

Samantha said...

Hey lovely,

here are a couple of posts I did about my first ever fair:

http://handmadebymrsh.blogspot.com/2011/07/tour-of-our-mock-stall.html

http://handmadebymrsh.blogspot.com/2011/07/fair-of-joy.html

http://handmadebymrsh.blogspot.com/2011/07/fair-of-urmwellyeah.html

There might be something there you find useful xx

DKelly said...

These are so cute!! Thanks for sharing!!

WhyCuzICan said...

SOOO sweet! Thanks for sharing... hoot, hoot!

Visiting from Tatertots & Jello Linky Party tonight,
Suzanne in NW Illinois

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

These are all so cute! I love owls and you've got something that should really sell! ♥

Jamie said...

These are sooo cute!! A lot of people love owls! Great idea!!

Feel free to link you owls up to my new Make Yourself Blog Hop!

-Jamie

For Love of Cupcakes

Jamie said...

Thank you so much for linking up to Make Yourself Monday!! :o)

Erin said...

Those are adorable! Good luck with your craft sale!

Visiting from Make Yourself Blog Hop.

Chef in Training said...

These are so stinkin cute! I love owls!

I would love it if you would share this and/or any other projects you have been up to at Tuesday Talent Show at Chef In Training Tomorrow! Plus there is going to be a fun giveaway too! Thanks so much and I hope to see you there!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

Karen @ Goodbyecityhellosuburb said...

The owls were hooting and hollering at me to feature them this week @ WorkShop Wednesday, So I did!

Chef in Training said...

Love them! They are so fun and darling! Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again tomorrow with more great projects!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

Kids craft ideas said...

Great ideas! i will have it, thanks for sharing.

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin