Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Getting ready for a 1st birthday!

I'm so excited for the babes 1st birthday! I made her dress already (pics/tutorial all ready to go after the party has happened). I  made her birthday banner out of fabric!  All good stuff that I will post after the party!

I'm very excited to share this though!

I made her floor pillow from the living with punks tutorial - it was so easy to do and I LOVE it!


I also made my own pattern and sewed this doll up for her, I hope she loves it!
I am going to re-work the pattern a bit to adjust a few things I'd like to change and then maybe I'll upload it and post it. Cute? Good idea? 
I based her off of several different dolls I've seen around - but did not have the $$ to purchase. Which is ok - I combined what I liked and nixed what I didn't to get this look. Her skirt is not sewn on, but her shoes are. I painted her face on.


oh and the doll is going to match her room! (curtains will be in this fabric and the birthday banner is also in this fabric!)


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute doll!-a.

Kelly said...

Love love love this doll! Very cute! I would love a tutorial on her!

Robin said...

The doll is precious!!

lilmisskriss said...

wow! i love this doll a lot. really, really good job. man, you are talented!!!

Danielle said...

This doll is adorable!

Jami said...

What a precious doll she'll always cherish because her sweet momma made it for her! Adorable! So glad you linked up to the Tuesday To Do Party!
Smiles!
Jami

Tammy said...

How sweet!

Alicia said...

I found your blog while surfing One Pretty Thing and this doll is so adorable! My mom made something similar for me when I was a little girl and I still have it :) Unrelated: I'm a grad student at the University of New Hampshire and I'm doing a 10-minute survey of craft bloggers. I'd love it if you took the survey at http://craftbookproject.com/?page_id=2. There's a giveaway going on there right now, too.

Congrats on 50 followers! And happy blogging.
--Alicia
craftbookproject.com

Margo said...

I love the cushion, I too make some a couple of months ago using this pattern and love them!

willow said...

What a great idea. Your doll is so cute with her big bow.
Thank you
for linking up at toddler tuesdays

Coqueta Bonita Creation said...

Found your blog, I ♥love♥ the doll! I have sewn a few as well, but they did not come out as cute as this! Good job. I follow your blog, would you mind following mine as well?

http://coquetabonitacreations.blogspot.com/