What to do with baby cereals the babes won't eat...

Make muffins!



I had bought babes this wheat, yogurt, blueberry baby cereal and was all excited to feed it to her - and when I did she shuddered at the 1st bite, and I thought maybe it was because it was a new flavor for her. However, at 10 bites in she was still shuddering with each bite. So my husband said I'd best chuck it because she didn't like it. I don't know about you but I hate wasting stuff, and so i thought maybe if I baked it into muffins she'd like it better! I searched the inter web for a recipe but found none so I made up my own and will share it with you!

Babes' Muffins

  1. 1 227g box of baby cereal (I used wheat, yogurt, blueberry cereal)
  2. 2 eggs
  3. 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  4. 1/2cup whole milk
  5. 1/2cup cooked quick oats porridge
  6.  1/8c olive oil
  7. 1cup flour 
Adjust your whole milk and flour as needed to get a sticky muffin batter consistency. put into muffin tins (I lined mine) and bake at 350 degrees F for about 12-15mins. Toothpick inserted should come out clean. 
These muffins are very soft when baked, babes can bite of a piece with just having her 4 front teeth.
Yield: about 18 depending on how you fill the cups

Babes LOVES them!

these I didn't fill the muffin cups more than 1/2:


and with these the muffin cups were closer to 3/4 filled and cooked a few extra minutes:

these muffins will "fall" a bit once they cool as they are a very soft muffin. Perfect for eaters with few teeth!

3 comments

Chef in Training said...

how nice! I love this idea! I will have to try this with kids! Thanks for sharing! I found your blog through a link party. I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Thnak you, Thank you , thank you.

dreadfairy said...

I tried out this recipe today, it turned out delicious but I had to tweak it A LOT. I used a box of Beechnut oatmeal baby cereal so maybe that was why it was so different...? I used a half cup of uncooked quick oats so I knew I would have to add extra liquid which was fine since I wanted to incorporate some of my leftover WIC baby food as well, but I had to add A LOT more liquid. I used whipping cream(all I had on hand) and added about 1/8 cup more of water, then added 3 jars of baby food(squash, carrots, and sweet potato if u want to know)and it was still thick and doughy so I opened up a can of evaporated milk(didn't want to use this to begin with since I would only be using a half cup and didn't want any left over) and ended up using the whole can! Plus about another tablespoon of oil. I was making veggie muffins so I sauteed a package of recipe ready mixed veggies(carrots, onions, potatoes, and celery), some zucchini, and some frozen corn seasoned with Cavenders(I'm sure just some salt and pepper, maybe onion powder and garlic powder would be just as good though). Like I said though, they turned out delicious. Also had to cook em at 400 for about 20 minutes and it made almost 2 dozen with me filling the muffin cups to the brim.

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin