Getting ready for a baby shower!

My friend just had a very cute little baby boy and as it is her first child a baby shower needs to be planned! 
She has done her baby room in a jungle theme and so we (another friend and myself) are doing a jungle theme baby shower.

I'm doing a small diaper cake and since I want it to look fancified (budget only allows so many diapers) I thought I could add to the fancy of it with craftiness! I used this tutorial http://jessicapeck.blogspot.com/2009/12/doorway-puppet-show-felt-hand-puppets.html to make this adorable lion puppet!

I put the adorable lion on a poor woman's version of a diaper cake:



I think it looks cute, box of wipes in the center, diapers all around washcloths as grass and a puppet on top! 

I've also sewn a sleep sack (size 6-12 months so it should fit this April born baby right through winter). I LOVE the plaid - I think it looks lumberjack-ish!

A bib I also made, because we all have fancy summer things to go to and a colorful children's bib just doesn't say classy like a tuxedo bib does!

and for a chocolate dessert I tried making brownie cars... I will serve these just so you know since I don't have time to make anything else.but you should also know they looked cuter on pinterest.



The only thing left to do is wrap this all up and make buns (forgot I was supposed to bring those until just now)

8 comments

Jami said...

Love the economy sized diaper cake! Would love for you to share it at the Pretty Packages Party!
http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2011/06/pretty-packages-party-10.html
Smiles!
Jami

Ashley said...

love this!!! SO CUTE! :)

Jen@thecraftingfiend said...

thank-you very much! Jami - I linked up!

Grammy Goodwill said...

CUTE. And I love your brownie cars. That would be fun at a child's party, too.

Mrs.D said...

So cute! I'd love to see you link up to our Monday Party at www.dimpleprints.com!

Mindie Hilton said...

I would love for you to link it up to my party that is running now. Any linky goes.

http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/06/any-link-goes-party-running-now-summer.html

Come strut your stuff.

life...just saying said...

The brownie cars are so cute! New follower!

Jami said...

So glad you stopped by and shared your sweet diaper cake at the Pretty Packages Party! Hope to see you again next month!
Smiles!
Jami

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin