the spring top sew-a-long entry!

I made myself this ruffled front vest today out of old 'knit' shirts. I was worried I wouldn't have enough fabric but I even have a little left over! I like the ruffles and the different colors of them and the simple hook and loop close at the front - so I can wear it open or closed. I also really love that all my ruffles are perfectly lined up, I worked very hard on carefully pinning! I got the idea from a Forever 21 top I have.

I love easy breezy spring wear that looks great with jeans and capris and then will transition into summer and look cute with shorts and over a bikini top!




ps. want to make one? It's quite easy and hopefully I've explained it clearly. I know ruffled items aren't a very new concept and you've likely all seen a tutorial of some variety on the subject (I know I've seen plently out there when looking for ideas for my daughters wardrobe) so I've kept this pretty basic, if you have a question feel free to ask though!







 
 

4 comments

Kristina said...

It's projects like this that make me desperate to learn how to sew! My mom is going to attempt to teach me this summer.

This is so cute!

Aleisha Z. Coleman said...

sew sew so so cute! love it!

madison avenue said...

that is so cute!! i think ruffles are my favorite by far! you did a really good job!

Ashley said...

also very well done:) you rock!!!

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin