A little of this and a little of that!

I have not disappeared, I've just been feeling a bit under the weather lately and babes is keeping me very busy, she's getting into everything! I have been doing a little of this and a little of that so here are a few pics - hope you feel a little inspired. crafting can be alot of work, and so sometimes I do a few small projects to get myself in the crafting mood again.

My husband LOVES tea - seriously. When I make him tea and bring it to him (ya - I'm that awesome - sometimes...) I hate the trade off - one of us must hold the hot cup and so I made a Tea mug cozy!

the cup:


the cozy:

the cup is now cozy:


I also made babes some lentil meatloaves. She is not into pureed food very much anymore and so I've been feeling challenged to find foods for her that are healthy and that she can eat with fingers. I used split red lentils, spices, egg, and some leftover bolognase sauce. Then put into mini muffin tins and baked for 30mins. When I give it to her I break it into pieced but I find this recipe works very well and she doesn't choke on pieces (like she did with the mini meatballs I made).


We also had a birthday party that we didn't make it too, but I wanted to send a gift along anyways and maybe I'm the only one that struggles with card writing for a 2 year old - but I thought what 2year old actually wants a card anyways!? So I made a paper bag puppet for the card!


What do you do for childrens birthday cards? Do you also do a small easy craft instead? Any ideas for me on homemade baby finger friendly foods?

I've also been sewing my scraps together into 8"x8" squares to make an "ugly" quilt. I have NO idea how to quilt. I hope it's not much harder than sewing the squares together in rows and then sewing those rows together because that's what I'm planning on doing!

1 comment

Jami said...

Love the owl puppet as a card! Would love for you to stop by and share it at the Pretty Packages Party.
www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

Smiles!
Jami

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin