a knock off embellished tank

Anyone go into Hollister and see this tank? with the cute side floral? I LOVED it and was tempted to buy it but could not get over the price tag of $29.50CDN! Yikes! A plain tank with an embellishment for $30! So I thought I could embellish my own tank fairly easily. Want to save $ too - then here is an easy how to.







I will no doubt be buying more tanks in different colors and finding different knit colors and I think I'll keep my eye open for some chiffon or tulle to add into the flower so it has a more "airy" feel. But with what I had on hand this is what I got:


and here's how you can make your own using scrap knit. Get a long-ish piece of knit fabric, fold it in half and cut slits.


 Roll it up, starting at the small end


I made 2 of these flowers


pin the flowers onto your tank wherever you like them to be and stitch in place


admire!

4 comments

Jill said...

Hey! what a great way to make flower embellishments! Thanks for the inpiration - I might just try that for myself!!

I would love if you came over and linked this project to my weekly Round Tuit party at:
http://jembellish.blogspot.com/
Have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success

Sarah Rachele said...

Oh my goodness! This is the cutest. I LOVE it. Thanks for sharing. :)

Beth Adams said...

Like little pom poms.....I am totally feeling the love for these!

Fabric Bows and More said...

Cute! Please come and share it at my link party: http://fabricbowsandmore.blogspot.com/

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin