A great dairy and egg free dessert!

I based this recipe on "wacky" cake. However, I didn't want chocolate cake I wanted white cake and so I played aound and came up with this (and it tastes AWESOME!)

Coconut&Pineapple Wacky Cake




This recipe is super easy. Just throw all the ingredients in the mixer and mix.

  1. 3cups flour
  2. 1cup white sugar and 1cup brown sugar
  3. 2 tsp. baking soda
  4. 1tsp. salt
  5. 2 cups cold water
  6. 2 tablespoons vineager
  7. 1 tablespoon vanilla
  8. 1/3 to 1/2 cup coconut (based on how much you love coconut)
  9. 1 small tin crushed pineapple (or chunked cut into small pieces)
  10. approx 1/4c of the pineapple juice
  11. add in about an extra 1/4cup flour to get the batter back to a good cake batter consistency
and that's it. I put into cupcake tins and baked at 350degrees for 20mins (toothpick came out clean)

Enjoy! (it's hard to find a good dairy/egg free cake but I'm confident you'll love this one!)

1 comment

Emily said...

Looks really delicious!!! Yum! come link up to my Tasty Tuesday party...
http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/2011/05/strawberry-oatmeal-bread-with.html

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin