fabric mail and trying a pattern

You know what's exciting? Fabric mail! I shopped fabric.com and got 17yards of fabric for $40, I've been not so patiently awaiting it's arrival and yesterday I got it!!! Here's a pic of the stash - I am so happy that I no longer have to do all my sewing in the same 3 prints, next time I think I'm going to get some more solid colors for mixing in with the prints and of course I'll likely get more prints and whatever is on sale. I have such a hard time paying more than $5/yard/meter. 


Along with my fabric coming I also got selected as a pattern tester for http://seaminglysmitten.blogspot.com/ 's new pattern for a swing top and skirt and so I used some of my new fabric to make up that pattern! I think it turned out super cute and I LOVE the sash on the back. I'll probably make a few changes next time I make the pattern, but it was a very easy pattern to sew with great instructions. This outfit is still a bit big on babes but should fit her great by summer time!

front of the top and skirt:


back of the shirt:

ps. that light pink fabric right on the top of the stash pile - well my plan for that is pretty exciting!!!! I think I'm going to put that pattern together right now actually...

No comments

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin